Breastfeeding Month: Celebs Who Opened Up About Their BF Journey

As we’re approaching the last leg of breastfeeding month, we’re giving the spotlight to the moms who’ve sacrificed much for their little ones – mind, body, and so much more.

With breastfeeding being a struggle for some and a breeze for others, every mothers’ journey is truly valid. While there is no right or wrong way to care for your child, these moms have shared how breastfeeding has impacted them and their little ones.

Check out the celebrity moms who’ve shared their breastfeeding journey.

Anne Curtis

This new mom took to Instagram to share the joys and tumbles of breastfeeding baby Dahlia.

it’s been an unforgettable first-time journey so far. One I’ll always cherish,” Anne began.

“BUT I also just want to share that there’s one thing I wasn’t aware of, that I kinda wish I knew – when I started dropping feeds (when food became her main source of nutrients) my hormones started changing and I was just very quiet and felt somewhat melancholic.. I didn’t really notice till Erwan called me out. Did myself some reading and learned that it’s because of a drop of prolactin and oxytocin levels when you start to lessen feeds.”

She then shared that since her mood shifts, it’s become gentle weaning so there won’t be hormone shifts for the new mom.

“So there, just thought I’d share that this happens.. just in case you’re like me, and didn’t know and can prepare yourself for when that time comes.”

Nevertheless, Anne considers this experience as a new journey as a mom and it’s a strong testament of how the body and mind molds after pregnancy.

Coleen Garcia

As a fellow new mom, Colleen Garcia-Crawford has shared the undeniable connection of personally feeding your baby.

“We started with Amari having the hardest time latching, and me crying often out of frustration and discomfort. It hasn’t been an easy ride, but hey they’re totally right when they say it gets better! I used to hate it, but I kept pushing on cause I was determined to see it through,” she shared on social media.

Meanwhile, as she considers breastfeeding Amari as an “honor and a blessing,” she isn’t discrediting those who choose not to or simply can’t breastfeed their babies.

The 28-year-old mom shared: “Regardless of how you choose to feed your baby, you are doing an incredible job!”

Isabelle Daza

Isabelle herself isn’t a new mom, but she’s gone on the record to encourage fellow moms to continue their breastfeeding journey despite the challenges.

“Sometimes breastfeeding feels like you’re a prisoner to your baby,” Isabelle admitted. “But sometimes it also makes you feel like you have a unique connection.”

She added that all the benefits of breastfeeding outweigh its setbacks – “flat pancake boobs” and all.

Iya Villania-Arellano

Now this is a momma who’s been through many breastfeeding experiences. As a mother of three, the host has shared her showbiz mommy moments throughout social media – from feeding her son while getting glammed up to breastfeeding her daughter while hosting the celebrity news segment of 24 Oras.

Indeed, let’s give a round of applause for these supermoms!

RELATED:

The post Breastfeeding Month: Celebs Who Opened Up About Their BF Journey appeared first on MEGA.


Post a Comment

0 Comments