Out And Proud: Celebrities Who Have Come Out As LGBTQ+ In Recent Years

Coming out in and of itself is an act of defiance.

Though one’s LGBTQ+ journey is entirely their own, there’s always a surge of happiness when someone proudly proclaims and lives out their truth. Check out these famous names who’ve celebrated and come as part of the LGBTQ+ community in the past years.

Mond Gutierrez

Though Mond Gutierrez didn’t want a “big reveal” when coming out, his exclusive cover interview with MEGA Entertainment Editor G3 San Diego still took the Internet by storm.

“To this day, people still ask me on the comments section, ‘Hey, when are you coming out? Hey, we’re with you,’ and I don’t want it to look like I’m hiding or I don’t want it to look like I’m not happy because I am,” Mond had shared.

“I mean, this is probably gonna be the first and the last time I’ll talk about it just because I feel like, again, I don’t wanna drag it on. I feel like labels are not important. I feel like you can love whoever you love. Today, you can be straight, tomorrow, you can be gay.”

After the reveal, the host took to social media to thank his supporters as he hopes to continue “inspiring others to live their truth.”

Aside from the good wishes, Mond also made an important point for those commenting that he didn’t need to come out because the public “already knew” of his LGBTQ+ identity: “So to those saying ‘we knew,’ you never knew my story and my struggles.”

Mikey Bustos

The vlogger and online personality came out via Instagram with a beach photo with his manager and partner, RJ Garcia with the simple yet telling caption: “Freedom.”

After much support, Mikey made a thankful follow-up post: “Figuring out how to navigate life in the most authentic and positive way has been such a long +37 yr journey for me, and at this moment, I feel I’ve reached some kind of karmic jackpot! It’s 2019 (as my dad put it when I came out to him a few weeks ago), and a great time to be alive LGBT.”

Fifth Solomon

It was 2014 when the former Pinoy Big Brother (PBB) housemate opened the conversation on bisexuality from inside the house and with millions of Filipinos tuning in.

Kung iibig po ako, hindi ko po iisipin yung status ng tao, yung itsura ng tao or yung sexualidad ng tao. Kung gusto ko yung tao, kung mahal ko yung tao, mahal ko yun. Hindi ko iisipin kung ano siya, basta nararamdaman ko sa tao po so yun po yung paliwanag sa tao na yun.”

“Siguro po bisexual po ako.”

Fifth and his twin, Fourth, were already doing commercials before the reality show, but he admitted that he was nervous of public scrutiny that he might no longer get projects given his “open-minded” sexuality. Seven years later, Fifth is now happily living his truth and continung to be a public name.

Issa Pressman

The social media maven shared her coming out journey back in 2018 after going public in her relationship with singer Marga Bermudez.

In an LGBTQ+ themed ad, the two proved that there’s no such thing as “sayang” when it comes to living your own life.

“I think it was just in the way that I had to introduce myself to [my family]”, Issa revealed when she first introduced Marga to the family. “Like, liking girls, liking guys, that’s me. That’s who I am.”

Kyo Quijano

The young artist and Quaranthings actor took to Twitter to tell his story straight: “So let’s get one thing straight, I definitely am not.”

He went on to explain that he is not bisexual but rather identifies himself as pansexual. He gave a quick crash course for his Twitter followers on the differences between the two sexualities: “For the nth time, I am Pansexual. This is an attraction not limited to binary preference with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity. It’s about personality and is beyond gender. I am able to be attracted to people of all gender identities and sexes.”

The post Out And Proud: Celebrities Who Have Come Out As LGBTQ+ In Recent Years appeared first on MEGA.


Post a Comment

0 Comments