Ayn Bernos Talks About An Important Trait That A Beauty Queen Must Have

Ayn Bernos shares her thoughts on using one’s platform for good in this exclusive interview

Ever since the campaign for the Miss Universe Philippines 2021 started, Rousanne Marie “Ayn” Bernos has stood out. She is one of the candidates that people look forward to see on the pageant stage, not only because of her role in social media as a content creator, but because she is an unexpected choice to join in a pageant such as Miss Universe—and she knows that. Her uniqueness and strength lies in the idea that she doesn’t fit the mold. She is not the standard, and that’s her point.

She’s known for being outspoken on her views in regards to societal issues such as colorism in the Philippines, and the value of being confident in one’s self. In a social media post, she says that she hopes that through her platform, she can encourage the next generation of confident Filipinas who will not apologize for being real, who know how to take up space, and who will speak up.

Bernos proves that she is indeed a woman who’s deserving of her place in the Miss Universe PH’s final 30. In her exclusive interview with MEGA, she shares what she thinks are the traits that a beauty queen must possess, and the challenges that come with joining the pageant.

MEGA: Have you encountered any struggles in pursuing your dream in becoming a beauty queen?

AYN: For me, I think my biggest struggle really is how people perceived me I guess. I mean, I’ve always wanted to be a beauty queen, and I always promise, even to my friends, and to my family, that whenever I would watch, I would talk about pageants, sinasabi ko na the moment they remove the height requirement, I would join. One hundred percent, I was always saying that, and this year they finally removed the height requirement. I was like, “Okay, I am going to stay true to my word,” so I’ll do that.

But then of course, going into this, I didn’t have any struggles like accomplishing requirements, doing the photoshoot, tasks like that, but it was really more of a mental struggle especially being on social media, and seeing how people are reacting to my delegation.

It’s very polarizing, cause a lot of people are supporting me, and I’m really grateful, but I’ve also been getting comments that are less than favorable. So, for me that’s been my struggle, deciding everyday that I’m good enough to be here. I’m working really hard on that, and trying to focus on the work, trying to focus on enjoying the experience, because at the end of the day it’s all about that.

MEGA: For you, what traits should a beauty queen must possess?

AYN: I think a beauty queen should have really strong principles, and to be able to use and utilize her platform properly to impact as many people as possible. As a beauty queen, you have a very big platform, you have so much influence. So, to be able to wield that influence for good is a very important skill to have.

MEGA: As someone who has a growing following on social media, do you think there’s a formula in having a great influence on any certain platform?

AYN: For me, it’s using your platform to send the message, whether that’s good or bad, depends on you. I don’t think there’s formula per se, because when I started it was 2016, and I couldn’t get any viewers. It was really hard for me to grow my following, and it took me five years, it took me having TikTok to really blow up, to I guess establish my place as a content creator, so I don’t know if there’s a formula for that.

It really was about staying true to who I was, and just keeping on doing the work and waiting for people to finally discover and resonate with the message I have been sharing for a long time. So, to me, it was really all about perfect timing, it was about being consistent, and just being myself online and attracting like minded people.

Watch the full video below to hear more of her stories:

Related:

Exclusive: Miss Universe PH Candidates Pour Out Their Hearts In This New Series

Miss Universe PH Reveals The Much-Awaited Top 30 Candidates

Meet The Top 7 Candidates Who Aced The Interview Challenge For Miss Universe Philippines 2021

The post Ayn Bernos Talks About An Important Trait That A Beauty Queen Must Have appeared first on MEGA.


Post a Comment

0 Comments