What Rosenthal Tee Doesn’t Tell Her Bridal Clients

Related: Rosenthal Tee on the power of femininity in fashion

“I emotionally invest myself in each piece [of bridal wear], I feel like I’ve gotten married so many times already!” the designer Rosenthal Tee says with a laugh. “It’s me up there, I’m the dress!”

Rosenthal Tee on Bridal Wear

Watching her talk about her brides and “giving them away,” it’s clear how passionate she is about her work and clients. “I really like seeing them at their happiest,” she says. She’s committed to capturing the bride’s essence and distilling that in a gown. Unsurprisingly, she becomes friends with her brides. “I still make them kulit, they also make me kulit. Close pa rin,” she says.

While her own relationship status doesn’t seep into her creative approach, it’s actually her work that informs her take on love. “My friends say I have such a strong idea of romance that it’s hard to compete with it in real life. I’m very idealistic about it,” she shares. (Although, no, she doesn’t cry during weddings.)

The Short of It

As a result of the pandemic, Tee had to scale down operations. (Her brides, too, scale back on something more unexpected: hemlines.) Still, she continues to accommodate clients with tight deadlines (read: a few days) since some brides rush their weddings, especially with the constant threat of lockdown looming.

As “a highly functional anxious person,” Tee takes on these projects because she relishes the “adrenaline rush.” She says, “It gives me so much energy after and the high
that you get from making someone happy—it sustains.”


Read more about about Rosenthal Tee’s bridal stories and how she learned to take criticism in MEGA Magazine’s May 2021 issue available on ReadlyMagzter, Press Reader and Zinio

Photography: JERICK SANCHEZ

Text: ALYSSA LAPID

Creative Direction & Illustration: JANN PASCUA

Art Direction: NICOLE ALMERO

Fashion Direction: JEB FRONDA

Styling: LYN ALUMNO (for Vania), JEB FRONDA (for Rosenthal and Patty)

Beauty Direction: TRINA EPILEPSIA BOUTAIN

Makeup: XENG ZULUETA (for Vania), PONG NIU (for Rosenthal and Patty)

Hair: MONG AMADO (for Vania), JAN EDROSOLAN (for Rosenthal and Patty)

Sittings Editor: PEEWEE REYES-ISIDRO

The post What Rosenthal Tee Doesn’t Tell Her Bridal Clients appeared first on MEGA.


Post a Comment

0 Comments