The Bridal Secrets Of Patricia Santos To Planning Your Own Wedding

With the ability to make brides say yes to the dress, Patricia Santos reveals her secret to pulling off a DIY wedding that came straight out of a fairytale. 

Related: Runway Review: Patricia Santos Spring/Summer 2020

When you think of Patricia Santos, you think of delicate lace, intricate embroidery, and layers of tulle on a gown the exudes feminine truth and beauty for her special day. While her creations have been worn by Megan Young, Jessy Mendiola, Dani Barretto on their wedding days and even Liza Soberano and Kathryn Bernardo on the red-carpet, when it came to the day that the bridal designer had to plan her own dream wedding, it was nothing short of a surprise. Whether it be venue changes due to sudden rain or the entourage getting stuck in traffic, no wedding is perfect; but in Santos’ case, her wedding dream in Paris ended because of an unwelcome guest–a global pandemic.

Normally, this kind of situation is a valid “bridezilla” moment, but with Santos’ genuine positive personality, a laugh that can brighten any day, and most of all the simplicity of wanting to celebrate her love with her then-fiancĂ©e Lester Yao, the designer decided to take matters into her own hands. From the planning, the gown, her makeup, and hair, she was a one-woman show who was able to coordinate an enviable backyard garden wedding last January 17. “It was something I never thought I would do. Definitely one of the craziest and funniest days of my life,” she admits.

With her hair in loose waves and a rosy monochrome beauty look, Santos was the very picture of a glowing bride, despite having to work the day before. “I’m happy I was able to pull it off and looked decent on my wedding day,” she laughs. While she described her work as only “decent,” we are glad to give her more credit for creating a wedding that embodied the romance and magic of Paris despite the circumstances. Her husband’s tears as she walked down the aisle are enough to prove that the bride beautifully pulled off the impossible.

As we held her shoot at her all-white atelier, there was not a moment when Santos’ radiant energy didn’t fill the room. “Always stay true to yourself,” the self-made creative force advised. And even with her busy schedule, her secret to being a glowing bride and career woman remains simple: never forget to allow oneself to come first. “How you take care of yourself shows how you take care of others, and as we radiate happiness, it reflects and attracts positivity too.” Now we have no reason to wonder why brides are always saying yes to a Patricia Santos dress.

Beauty Talks

HOW DOES YOUR FASHION STYLE INFLUENCE YOUR BEAUTY STYLE AND VICE VERSA?

I like to keep things simple. From my wardrobe to my skincare, I choose quality over quantity.

WHAT IS YOUR SIGNATURE LOOK FROM OUTFIT TO MAKEUP TO FEEL AT YOUR BEST?

My everyday go-to makeup look is just fresh and light. I feel like it makes me look youthful and I’m also a jeans or shorts kind of girl. I finish my look with a blazer and a nice pair of shoes and I’m good to go!

WHAT IS YOUR FIRST BEAUTY MEMORY?

When I was younger, I’ve always enjoyed collecting makeup. I’ve been a MAC Cosmetics addict since high school and I would invite my friends over so I can glam them up, curl their hair and do an impromptu photoshoot at home.

WHAT’S THE SECRET TO BEING A GLOWING BRIDE AND A CAREER WOMAN?

Love everything that you do, always keep a positive mind, and don’t forget to have fun. 

ANY FASHION MOVEMENTS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE IN THE FUTURE? 

I hope that more people would support sustainable fashion. Fashion shouldn’t be disposable and be thrown every season. It’s okay to repeat clothes. I love repeating my outfits throughout the years and I pass on the ones that won’t fit me anymore. It makes me happy seeing them being worn again. I encourage others to do the same. It’s also a way of showing appreciation since I know how hard the people behind it work just to make them. Remember, choose well, and make it last. 


Photography ALAIN LABABIT
Art direction NICOLE ALMERO
Makeup THERESA PADIN
Hair JOF FANTONE
Shoot Coordination MJ ALMERO
Accessories MEI DIAMOND JEWELRY

The post The Bridal Secrets Of Patricia Santos To Planning Your Own Wedding appeared first on MEGA.


Post a Comment

0 Comments